Leanne Pilkington is no stranger to real estate. When she first started in the property industry almost four decades ago, things looked a bit different from what they do now…
For one, she was literally fired from her job every Friday afternoon! And now? Well, today’s guest is the PRESIDENT of Real Estate Institute of New South Wales (REINSW) — the largest and most influential association of real estate professionals in the country’s biggest property market!
Sure, Leanne Pilkinton is one of the most respected and sought-after commentators in real estate and a strong advocate for women in the profession, lobbying for improved education and training across the entire industry… but she’s also the Managing Director of leading NSW boutique real estate group Laing+Simmons.
And she knows the market inside and out!
Obviously, with everything COVID-19 going on, it’s safe to say that Leanne is VERY MUCH in the trenches, lobbying the government and looking at new ways the real estate industry can adapt to this climate while also being really honest about the fact that quickly formed legislation can have a disastrous impact on real estate agents, property managers and landlords.
This is a passionate and knowledge-sponge of an episode, folks!!
The Free Stuff
What’s Covered in Today’s Episode
- Okay, what’s the deal with Leanne getting fired EVERY week?
- What did the pathway to REINSW look like?
- What’s it really like being in “the boys club”… and how can women in real estate navigate the industry?
- What makes for a great selling agent?
- What makes for a great property manager?
- What’s the best way a buyer can get a fair price on property?
- How should property investors deal with real estate agents?
- Should you tell a real estate agent your budget?!
- Real Estate 101 – The Two Ways A Real Estate Agent Gets Paid
- What will happen to industry professionals during COVID-19?
- What’s REINSW currently lobbying the government for?
- Are there alternatives to paying stamp duty?
- What’s happened in NSW’s property market since the coronavirus?
- Is Leanne personally investing in property right now?
- What should you expect from your tenant during COVID-19?
- How to recognise “opportunist tenants” from tenants in genuine hardship
- The Sydney Property Market: Pre-, During, and Post- COVID-19
- When will Open for Inspections and public auctions kick off again?
- What’s going to happen to the property market in September?
- What’s the real concern in VIC and QLD right now?
And of course… Additional Helpful Resources on COVID-19
National Update: Click here
- Australian Capital Territory – Click here
- New South Wales – Click here
- Northern Territory – Click here
- Queensland – Click here
- South Australia – Click here
- Tasmania – Click here
- Victoria – Click here
- Western Australia – Click here
And One Final Word…
If you’re worried about your finances or if you have no clarity on your cash flow position, we strongly recommend you to organise your finances now. It’s more important than ever to have a clear view, down to the exact cent, on how much you’re spending each month and how much surplus you’ve got. If you don’t know it, then log in to your Money SMARTS Platform here and update the numbers.
Don’t have an account yet? Create your free access below and we’ll also send you an e-copy of the instruction manual which is also our best-seller book, Make Money Simple Again. Just fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away.