Some stories need to be heard to be believed! And the story we’re about to share with you is indeed one of these… ‘cos today’s guest went from being a motor mechanic to selling some of the most expensive properties across the country… yes, including… the home of Australian billionaire businessman and investor James Packer!
Joining us on the Couch today is Michael Pallier, Managing Director of Sydney Sotheby’s International Realty — an elite agency that handles the sale of luxury residential homes and rural properties throughout NSW and the ACT!
To give you an idea of the calibre of the properties Michael sells… well, folks… he’s just sold his EIGHTY-SECOND property valued OVER $9 MILLION (oh, and Packer’s property went for a cheeky $70 mill)!!
His sales history has included…
- The most expensive home ever sold in Australia
- The most expensive home ever sold at auction in Australia
- The most expensive residential land ever sold
So. Pretty impressive stuff, right? But what we really wanna know is… … how???
How on earth did a motor mechanic all of a sudden start selling luxury homes? And who are the people who are forking out some serious cash for these properties?
And, of course, what can we learn from Michael’s secret to success?
Psst… as mentioned in today’s ep, here’s the house he’s currently selling: https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-vaucluse-131386806
And here’s Bryce’s mindset minute from Simon Sinek! Watch his video here.
THE INTERESTING STUFF
- Okay, let’s talk about the motor mechanic background!
- How did Michael transition from this to selling cars (and then to selling property)?
- What did he do in order to be successful in property?
- How on earth did he get James Packer’s listing?
- Does he get intimidated by the zeros?
- Are these types of properties investment or lifestyle purchases?
- Who is buying them?
- What’s it like working with foreign buyers… and the mega-wealthy?
- What do Chinese buyers consider before purchasing?
- How do foreign visas work when purchasing property in Australia?
- Why are overseas buyers purchase properties in Sydney instead of New York, LA, or anywhere else in the world?
- How does stamp duty work for Chinese buyers?
- What can you learn from the rich?
- How has this altered the way he thinks about property as an investment?
- What’s the most interesting property Michael’s ever sold?
- What are his “go to” negotiation tips?
P.S. If you’re interested in learning more about property, finance and money management — and you also wouldn’t mind having VISUAL demonstrations to help cement your learning, check out our Facebook Live Videos.