Folks, we’re up and about today!
Because not only is our dear friend Effie Zahos… aka the Money Queen… finally back on the Couch with us (It was WAAAY back in Episode 105 that we last checked in with her)… there’s also been a bit of a rate movement this week… the first in nearly 3 years! (Well, that, and our footy teams’ played each other on the weekend and Bryce came out on top of ol’ mate Kingsley!!)
What this rate movement means is a little more money in the bank for mortgage owners, which, especially when coupled with today’s episode that’s jam-packed full of Money Hacks, means that there’s a bit of extra money on the table that you can put to work for you. Of course, it does also mean that the Australian economy isn’t performing as well as the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) had hoped, and ultimately there’s a LOT to be said about this decision. So, Ben has created a video on the June RBA Cash Rate Drop, which goes into detail about all this. You can check out the new rate announcement here.
But back to the wonderful, wise and VERY money-savvy guest who’s joined us today…!
It’ll probably come as no surprise to
you who the Money Queen is… but we’ll take no chances… and remove all
doubt as to who Effie Zahos is!!! She
is indeed the “Money” Queen… as in Money Magazine‘s
finance editor for over 22 years! Well, we should say WAS the editor
cos up until very recently, Effie decided to hang up her Money boots
and walk in her own shoes instead… and she’s JUST released a brand new book, A Real Girl’s Guide to Money:
From Converse to Louboutins!!
And today she’s sharing her best Money Hacks and financial tips so that you can stay on track of your hard-earned cash and make sure you have enough in retirement!
And, yep, if you hadn’t put two and two together yet… Effie’s personally worked alongside the likes of the Original Money Guru, Paul Clitheroe — our 200th episode’s very special guest — for a couple of, ahh, DECADES.
So you’re in VERY safe hands!
Also in today’s ep, we let the cat out of the bag on Bryce’s Brand New Free 3-Part Video Series…
[REVEALED] The Money Saving Hacks The Banks Don’t Want You To Know About —- Free 3-Part Video Series
Money Saving Hack #1 — How To Make Sure You NEVER Pay Interest on Your Credit Card
Money Saving Hack #2 — How To Never Unconsciously Overspend Ever Again
Money Saving Hack #3 — How To Put Your Finances on Autopilot
Oh and folks, Effie Zahos has been generous enough to EXTEND THE DISCOUNT on her brand new book… A Real Girl’s Guide to Money – From Converse to Louboutins… until 08/07/19!!!
To access the discount, head here: https://www.magshop.com.au/a-real-girls-guide-to-money
… And put in this code: HREAL19
Once entered, the discounted price will be $19.99. Instead of the RRP of $24.99 😉👍 #MoneySMARTS
Here’s what you’re about to learn from the Money Queen…
- Following the rate cut, where will the “Fool’s Gold” in the market?
- When are we likely to reach the bottom of the market?
- How has the money space changed over the decades?
- What did Effie used to suggest you do with a credit card (ha!)
- With so much financial literacy available, why are we still failing with money?
- When are people most likely going to make online purchases?
- What is most worrying about “Buy Now Pay Later”?
- Why does a money mindset matter so much?
- How many women are living in poverty at retirement?
- How much do people disclose their debt?
- What do Effie’s “1,2,3” Steps involve?
- How can you teach your kids about money?
- What’s the “52 week challenge” you can use for kids?”
- What’s the “26 week challenge” for adults?
- How much do you need if you don’t own your own home?
- What does Effie think about The First Home Buyer Deposit Scheme? Why?
And of course, if you’re interested to get a copy of Effie’s book, we’ve got TWO copies to giveaway!! Just tell us your #1 Money Hack on Facebook for your chance to win!