So, if you’re keen to hear the latest economic news across the property AND stock market, or you want the intel on how the cogs of the economy run … then you’d best hit play on this one!
To give you an idea, Shane Oliver is responsible for determining AMP Capital’s investment strategy and asset allocation and also provides economic forecasts and analysis to the asset class portfolio managers. And chances are, you’ve seen his face somewhere in the news because Shane is also a regular media commentator on major economic and investment market issues and has been with AMP for over 30 years!
And he’s not just an expert on this stuff, he’s also excellent at breaking down complex economic updates into simplified, bite-sized pieces!
Oh, and as mentioned on today’s show, he’s often providing live updates on Twitter, so if you’re keen to get his economic insights his twitter handle is @ShaneOliverAMP
Other resources mentioned in today’s show…
(And, don’t forget… CLICK HERE to Find Out About our AFL Competition – Epic Prizes!)
So… What are you in for?
- What did the early stages of his career look like and how did he get the opportunity at AMP?
- Why has he been with the company for so long?
- When did Shane fall in love with economics?
- Why is Paralysis by Analysis more common now and how can you overcome it?
- What big lessons have Shane learnt about the market?
- How is the property market different from when Shane grew up?
- What do Vacancy Rates suggest about the Perth market?
- What’s the most important thing you need to remember about the property market?
- What’s an “inversion yield curve”?
- What happened to bond yields?
- What’s the 10-year bond yield suggesting?
- What happens when long term interest rates are below short term interest rates?
- Will this proceed a recession?
- What might push down bond yields?
- Does Shane see concern for a recession?
- Will the interest rate drop?
- What’s happening to supply levels across the country?
- What population growth are we expecting?
- Will a change in government bring another First Home Buyers Grant?
- What does Shane think might happen to the economy if the Government changes?
- What might we see with the Government change?
- What has the budget got planned for Canberra?
- Does he think negative gearing was responsible for an increase in house prices?
- How does Shane feel about the proposed Capital Gains Discount?
- How many times does he think the RBA will drop the cash rate?
- What role can APRA play in the Australian Economy moving forward?