That’s right guys. Duncan McPherson, Director at Nelson Alexander (also a successful property consultant, auctioneer, founder of Nelson Alexander Charitable Foundation and a property investor himself) started his roots in a small country town as, well, a butcher. Yep—his story is absolutely a white-butcher’s-coat to wealth-building-creation!
Duncan is a family man, centred on honest and committed customer service, who has built his riches on sharing what he knows and paying it forward, giving almost $2.5 million dollars to local charities in the process.
On the couch to share his wisdom, humbleness and good humour with the boys, Duncan explains:
- How he came to Melbourne as a butcher and ended up as highly-successful real estate figure
- Why one man in a black BMW, a shiny suit and a bad attitude was likely the catalysis for his career change
- How Nelson Alexander, since 1971, has transformed the face of real estate services, especially in the Northern suburbs
- How he approaches property investment with 20+ years’ experience
- What are his criteria for a successful asset selection?
- Which one is a “better” investment: a house or a townhouse?
- What “buying land and airspace” means and how you can value from it
- What is “The Beef Wellington” to add value to your property?
- What to look for in a quality real estate agent and how to outsmart them
- How many off-market properties exist without you even knowing they’re For Sale? (Hint: it’s more than you think!)
- The inevitability of housing affordability—has it always been tough breaking into the market?
- When will he consider buying a property with someone else?
- What he looks for in an investment property and what always impresses him
- The mentors who have changed and continue to change his life.
We really, really think you’ll benefit from this one guys. It’s one thing to hear tips from the best in the business; but another thing entirely to hear it from someone who made it there from the humblest of beginnings!
PS: Hear your own voice on the podcast by dropping us a Voicemail! Simply click on the long orange button on the right-hand-side of your screen J
LocationScore: You can access it here. (And don’t forget to use this code: TPC20. Valid till 19th August 2017)