Keeping to our Summer Series tradition, Bryce and Ben are joined by yet another special guest in today’s episode; Nerida Conisbee – The Chief Economist of The REA Group: now the biggest digital real estate company in the world! With more than 20 years property research experience throughout Asia Pacific, Nerida also appears every Saturday on SkyNews Real Estate program, is an adviser on property market conditions to major Government bodies and has held senior positions within commercial agencies and major consulting firm.
Leveraging on her experience and knowledge in the property industry, the three of them will be chatting about:
- How are the two capital cities, Sydney and Melbourne performed in 2016 particularly in the apartment market and what’s the outlook for 2017
- What’s the level of housing affordability for property buyers across Australia
- Investing habits between Sydney and Melbourne, and how these compare to major cities around the world and the drivers that are slowing down property listing in those two cities
- Potential changes to the lifestyle trends in Sydney where houses are less affordable for young home buyers and how this would affect Melbourne
- Research data and methodology in commercial real estate as compared to residential real estate
- Seeing the GDP drop and finding that balance between the property market being strong and weak; therefore, knowing when the best time to sell is
- The 2017 outlook for Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide, Darwin and Canberra and which market to invest in for 2017
We hope you enjoyed this podcast and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the topics brought up! And here’s the site that Nerida mentioned in today’s podcast:
If you like this podcast: “Which Market to Invest in for 2017? – Chat with Nerida Conisbee”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://tpcaustralia.wpengine.com/topics/.