You found your ideal property in the perfect location. You’ve inspected it, you know exactly what the purchase price is going to be AND you’re pre-approved for that budget. You’ve spoken to the selling agent and is crystal clear with the vendor’s motivation. You negotiated some terms and put your best offer forward and BAM!! it got accepted right away. Happy days!
Unfortunately, it’s probably NOT going to happen in the current market.
When it comes to property prices, getting it exactly right would be perfect for buyers. But in a hot market, it’s very very hard for most buyers to nail it right away. Unless of course you’ve got a lot of spare time in your hand or you’ve engaged a professional to help you out. In today’s episode, we will share the XYZ of property pricing that our own buyer’s agent team are practicing and some of the tips that you can implement right away to get as close to the selling price as possible.
But… are you wondering if it’ll work in the current market and with all these new ways of transacting?
On top of that, with lockdown restrictions, how are you going to inspect properties and if you can’t, should you buy sight unseen?
That’s exactly what we are going to unpack today.
PLUS Bryce and Ben will also be addressing the big old Fixed Rate vs Variable Rate question. With the impending lending requirement changes (check it out in Ben’s RBA update), it’s probably best that you get your loan questions answered sooner rather than later!
Tune in now for the gold!
Q’s we answer further below 👇
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Summer Series is around the corner and we’d like to hear from you! If you’ve gone through (or even going through) a financial transformation journey, let us know. We’d love to listen to your story! Simply fill in the form below or go to thepropertycouch.com.au/mystory
- We are also looking for a few talented individuals to join our team! From a Journalist/Copywriter to an Associate Property Investment Advisor and more. If you’re interested, head to our Career Page here to learn more.
The Questions We Answer
Question from Mark about Buying in Covid Lockdowns
I’m currently looking for a home in Melbourne to live in.
Over the last month because of COVID you haven’t been able to inspect any properties however in the last month there’s been about four properties in the same suburb that have sold sight unseen for about $50 to $100,000 above asking price.
Is there any way you can explain this behaviour and give me any advice on how to could compete against these people.
Recommended episodes for Mark:
- 325 | The Step-By-Step Process To Win In A HOT Property Market – Part 1
- 326 | How To Win In A HOT Property Market (Part 2) – The Step-By-Step Process!
- 327 | Winning A HOT Property Market (Part 3) – The Step-By-Step Process!
Question from Tracey about Best Questions to ask a Real Estate Agent
Hi Property Couch Team!
Thanks for the podcasts it’s really driven myself and hubby and has given us the confidence to buy investment property, so much now that we’re looking to buy a second one and this one I’m looking at the Gold Coast.
My question is I have a good handful of properties that I’m looking and interested in but they’re nearly all at auction and I live in northern New South Wales.
When contacting a real estate what are the the first best questions to ask when you can’t go to view the property and you wanna see if it’s in your price range.
Recommended episode for Tracey:
- 80 | The Four ‘D’ words that equal a motivated seller!
- 357 | How To Master Relationships With Real Estate Agents – Chat with Todd Sloan
Question about Interest Rates – Fixing Your Loan before buying an IP
Hi guys, first of all thanks for the great podcasts. I’ve been listening for a little while and super inspired with all the informative information.
Just a quick question about interest rates and whether or not I should lock in an interest rate before planning to buy an investment property.
So I’m about to buy an investment property within three months. What are your thoughts on locking in a fixed interest rate today rather than waiting for three months?
- 164 | Q&A – How to Avoid Poor Loan Structure
- 306 | The Game of Loans: How To Find & Finance An Investment Property
Question from Rhys about Buying Off the Plan and Co-Living Spaces
Good day Bryce and Benji, Rhys here I just want to ask two questions if that’s OK?
First question relates to property advisors/buyers agents. The guy who I’ve been recommended by a friend I’m a bit skeptical of because he doesn’t charge outright and so he takes Commission from the sale of properties and these properties tend to be building like off the plan from developers or builders.
Second question relates to this, he’s really big on co-living spaces, you know for young professionals or whatever, who are seeking out shared living space just because of the rental yield.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this. I love your show guys thanks for that
- 258 | WARNING: The Unconscious Mental Triggers Property Spruikers Use To Trick You
- 107 (Part 2) | Contract Reviews, Off The Plan and SMSF Purchases and more – Chat with Nicole Faid, Principal of Accord Conveyancing