Did you know that 1 in 3 Australian women retire with no super? Or that women are twice as likely as men to sell their house and move to lower-cost accommodation because of tight financial circumstances during retirement?
That’s a SHOCKING fact folks. And joining us to deep dive into this complex topic is none other than Nicola McDougall: Chair of the Property Investment Professionals of Australia (PIPA), Director of Bricks & Mortar media, award-winning journalist and editor, and co-author of the newly released book: “The Female Investor: Creating Wealth, Security, and Freedom through Property”!!
(Talk about talented right?! Not to mention she’s our good friend from way back.)
Today we deep dive into Nicola’s history from journalist to property investor, her work with PIPA, what she hopes to achieve with her new book, and WHY women need to gain greater financial independence!!
You’ll also get to learn Nicola’s TOP 5 tips for financial empowerment…
- Prioritise your _______
- Learn about strategic _________
- Focus on the ____, not the ___!
- Understand there is no _______ approach
- Work with _____
And be sure to stick around to the end to hear the lifehack that applies to both dealing with anxiety and … property investing?!
We also slip in a special discount towards the end folks! 😉
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Leave a Review on iTunes for your chance to Win a Start & Build Course!
- Would you like help setting up/reviewing your Money SMARTS? Learn more at thepropertycouch.com.au/moneysmartshelp or fill in the form below to register your interest!
- Nicolas’s NEW Co-Authored Book: “The Female Investor: Creating Wealth, Security, and Freedom through Property”. Use this code ‘INVESTOR’ for a 25% Discount at the Booktopia. Code expires Monday 28 February 2022.
- You can Find a QPIA near you here at: https://www.pipa.asn.au/
- Wants to be around like-minded investors instead? Join PICA today at https://pica.asn.au/join
Here’s what we cover…
- 3:20 – Hayden Linggood, Cactus Clan, Asdfgyrfcjdxfuvsuhdu, Lifestyle by design, luke miller, Gazzab32, propertybeginner, Ryan Daniel Fuller, amasum – Contact us for a FREE “Start & Build” course – Cheers for leaving us a review!
- 9:01 – Why you need BOTH the Audiobook and PDF of our FREE eBook “The Armchair Guide to Property Investing”
- 11:50 – One of Bryce’s favourite Robert Kiyosaki quotes!
- 13:05 – What does “Risk is a measure of knowledge, not a measure of investment” mean?
- 14:33 – Meet Nicola!
- 15:38 – So…how does Ben, Nicola and the PIPA all tie together??
- 18:20 – The rise of PIPA and its plans for 2022
- 21:16 – How regulated property advice can affect YOU and your business
- 23:38 – This is WHY PIPA does what it does!
- 24:55 – Nicola hopes THIS will become the benchmark in the property industry
- 29:13 – Consumers can now check THIS on the PIPA website!!
- 30:37 – A family dynamic of openness: A peek into Nicola’s history
- 34:00 – How Nicola went from global nomad to successful journalist
- 36:59 – The FIRST property Nicola bought
- 39:16 – Who Nicola’s property portfolio mentors were!
- 41:07 – Nicola’s written over HOW many words about property?!?
- 42:06 – THIS was Nicola’s inspiration for “The Female Investor”
- 44:15 – Why women need to prioritise financial independence
- 46:13 – Nicola’s dream for the future
- 48:30 – Nicola’s TOP 5 tips for financial empowerment
- 58:10 – Will THIS problem be addressed by today’s generation of female investors?
- 1:01:54 – What does the female pay gap look like in 2022?
- 1:03:35 – A special discount for listeners! (Valid until the 28 Feb 2022!)
- 1:06:57 – Nicola’s lifehack for EVERYTHING from mental health to property health!
- 1:10:05 – “You can’t be what you can’t see”: Normalising anxiety
- 1:16:29 – These 3 cities now have a median house price of OVER 1M!