“A wound is where the light gets in” – Rumi
It’s our 2021/22 Summer Series folks!!
This is our 4th year of Summer Series and we get very very excited each time because not only do we get to chat directly with our listeners, we get to learn so much from their life transformation. From the adversity that life threw at them, the mistakes that they’ve made, the perseverance that they’ve shown, the tenacity to be better and so much more.
Their story is so insightful and motivating that we’re certain that you would definitely learn at least one gold from each of them.
And this year is no different.
Kicking off our Summer Series this year is a superhero single mum of two, Dee!
Immigrating from South India and growing up in North England during the Thatcher era in the 80s is obviously no easy feat.
On top of that, Dee was the oldest of four siblings where money was so tight that a treat must be split four ways to be shared among the kids.
All the adversity in her early life clearly built up her foundation for money and generate an invincible determination and drive for success.
But that’s not the end of today’s story…
In fact, it’s just the beginning.
Without giving too much away, let’s just say that there was a chain of events that completely shocked us and brought a tear to our eyes.
Please just listen to this episode folks – we’ve started the Summer Series with her story ‘cos if it ain’t a bang, we don’t know what is!
Huge shout out to Dee for sharing her incredible story with us – powerful stuff, folks!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- FREE eBook – Make Money Simple Again
- Free Book – The Armchair Guide to Property Investing
- FREE MyWealth Portal & Start Your Financial Transformation Today! (includes Money SMARTS, Money FIT + Money STRETCH) – Fill in the form at the bottom of this page or Free Sign Up Here
- The Legendary John Wooden with Tony Robbins – Listen here
A separation is never easy… Especially when you got pull the rug from under.
So if you’re finding yourself in that spot then please do not hesitate to reach out for help. That’s the first step to recovery. Here are some useful links that might help you take that step:
Here’s what we cover…
- 1:37 – Meet Dee.
- 2:13 – What was her early life like when money was very scarce…
- 7:39 – When did she start to have a consciousness with money?
- 8:50 – Sticking to old money habits (even when she didn’t need to!)
- 10:45 – The sacrifices made to live in a rich neighbourhood
- 12:55 – How did she spent her first pay-packet? (What an indulgence!)
- 13:57 – The significant change that happened in uni…
- 14:28 – When was her 1st holiday…?
- 15:48 – What she didn’t see coming…
- 16:30 – THIS is what a single parent’s life is like
- 17:50 – The Event Timeline
- 18:40 – What was the turning point in her life?
- 20:05 – What did money management look like in the past?
- 23:05 – How the same advice from the same person can still be perceived differently?
- 24:25 – The journey to recovery…
- 27:15 – Overcoming the “perfect family” stigma…
- 28:15 – How do you separate everything when they are joined for so long?
- 32:05 – Why was Mortgage Free so crucial for her?
- 34:51 – What’s Dee’s definition of wealth?
- 36:46 – What are the next steps after a separation?
- 40:44 – Discovering Make Money Simple Again and The Armchair Guide to Property
- 43:33 – The gift to herself!!
- 44:51 – Favourite Quotes
- 47:30 – How does it feel to model her transformation to her kids?
- 51:34 – Her message to others
Keen to Get Started with Money SMARTS?
Fill in the form below and create your account on our Money SMARTS Platform now!
Already have an account? Log in here.