Meet The “Squirreller” – or should we say EX-Squirreller – who unfortunately learnt the hard way about the real costs of Pinching Every Penny… 😬
Here’s the deal:
Joining us today is listener Scott who has a very, very important message for our community. ESPECIALLY for those who, like Scott, happen to view money as safety – and as because of this, do whatever they can to minimise their spending. To the point that’s, ahh, well, “NQR” – Not Quite Right. Even if it’s coming from an honourable place.
Before you ask – YES – there IS a point where you can “squirrel” or save TOO much money! And the tip-over point? When your relationship with money begins to ruin your relationship with your family…
In this tell-all episode, Scott generously shares his Big Wake-Up Call that forced him to seriously reconsider his squirrelling habits. A lesson he learnt the hard way and doesn’t want for you, or anyone else.
But this is only part of the story.
Not only will you learn what caused the “OMG, I need to change” shift in mindset and how Scott managed to safeguard tomorrow WITHOUT sacrificing his family’s ability to enjoy today… but also, you’re going to learn what it’s like to build a property portfolio from a “regular” Australian who simply wants to create a better future for himself, his wife and his kids. And, yep, this includes the good, the not-so good and the “Whatever You Do, DON’T Do What I Did!” mistakes.
In short, this ep is a word to the wise – and we highly suggest tuning in folks! ‘Cos, you know what they say… it’s best to learn from someone else’s mistakes than to learn them first-hand…
A huge shout out to Scott for his extreme transparency — we have no doubt that your hard-won wisdom will be of immense benefit to our community 🙏🙌
Free Stuff Mentioned
- FREE BOOK!— Make Money Simple Again
- FREE TPC MyWealth Portal(the system that implements Money SMARTS for you) — http://thepropertycouch.com.au/financialpeace
Here’s What We Cover…
- 01:48 – Meet Scott.
- 01:50 – Oh no, not another Collingwood supporter!
- 03:46 – Money conversations around the dinner table…
- 04:37 – In the good ol’ days of Layby…
- 05:36 – Scientifically Proven Benefits of Delayed Gratification!
- 07:50 – Inside the mind of a Squirreller…
- 09:15 – The Warning Signs of Financial Anorexia!
- 10:32 – The First Big Purchases (… would you do this??)
- 13:27 – The Understated Power of DEFENCE
- 15:13 – Why Property Investing Should Be Boring!
- 15:38 – When Being A Squirreller Causes Stress In Your Relationships
- 15:58 – Money as Safety. Let’s talk about it…
- 17:28 – What caused the change…?
- 18:28 – How is Scott implementing Money SMARTS?
- 19:24 – What planning work has Scott done with his portfolio?
- 21:05 – When the goal is NOT to retire!
- 21:47 – Life As An EX-Squirreller: How it positively affects intimate relationships
- 23:25 – What does Scott think has been the BIGGEST impact to his success?
- 25:03 – Scott’s Money Mantra!
- 27:19 – … Paid CASH for his Principle Place of Residence!?!
- 28:23 – The Ups & Downs of Joint Ventures
- 31:00 – Was everything done by the book??
- 32:17 – What caused the deep desire to build a property portfolio?
- 34:04 – How on earth did he swing Eddie McGuire into THIS sentence! (well played, Scott, well played!)
- 32:25 – How does he organise his buffers?
- 36:30 – The property in South East Queensland… (ouch!)
- 37:44 – What you need to know about “Growth Corridors”
- 38:41 – What does Scott ALWAYS look for in an investment property now?
- 40:00 – Passing On The Wisdom: What Scott wants you to know about “falling for the bling”…
- 43:39 – How’d he get pitched by a Spruiker, anyway?
- 49:06 – The Biggest Lesson!
- 50:30 – What money advice does Scott pass onto his teenage kids?
- 54:10 – How many more properties does he have left to buy?
Keen to Get Started with Money SMARTS like Scott?
Fill in the form below and create your account on our Money SMARTS Platform now!
Already have an account? Log in here.