The Australian property market collapsing. Housing market under the pump. Melbourne’s property downfall. House sales hit new low…
… folks, with headlines like these, we may as well call it a day, bid you farewell in a foreign language like old times, and exchange the ol’ investor returns for an earlier-than-planned retirement!
Wait, why would we say such a thing?
Well, you might’ve noticed — the market’s corrected and it’s making a LOT of folks out there nervous! And why shouldn’t it?
You don’t want to fork out the big bucks (probably the most you’ve ever spent) on a property that’s going to end in little-to-no return come market crash, right? Not to mention, you don’t want this said “investment” to wind up in an economic tsunami, which by the way, WILL happen when life follows the fate of a catchy news headline.
So… is that what’s really what’s happening here? Is the market seriously “bottoming out”… because, as far as we see it folks, we’re sitting pretty happy where we are!
BUT for the record folks, there ARE things you need to keep in mind come a market correction (whether you’re a current investor or just getting started)… so, what do you need to know?
We shared all of the exclusive hacks and current market news in our Melbourne LIVE Podcast last week… and we’re bringing the love to you right now!
Before we get into what you can expect out of today’s show, just a few quick shout-outs…
Are you coming to see us at the Melbourne Property Buyer’s Expo??
GET YOUR FREE TICKET NOW – Listener Discount Code: COUCH
Yep, if you want to learn heaps more about property investing, meet us and leave your wallet at home (in other words: spend ZERO money)… you should come and see us at the Melbourne Property Buyers Expo!
- Saturday, 12:30 PM – Ben on How to achieve financial peace with five properties or less!
- Saturday, 2:30 PM – The Property Couch with Greville Prabst, Executive Chairman of WBP Property Group and Judge on Nine Network’s The Block.
- Sunday, 10:00 AM – Special Length Masterclass – Ben and Bryce with Special Guest to talk about Buying your First Home / Investment Property
- Sunday, 12:30 PM – Bryce on 7 Ways to Build a Property Portfolio in a Changing Market
- >> Learn more about each of the session here!
Property Investors Council of Australia (PICA) is COMING TO YOU. Well, provided you live in Melbourne or Sydney! Meet and Greet includes a Q&A Session followed by a brief networking session. And old mate (and Chair of PICA) Ben Kingsley will be hosting!
Meet and Greet Sydney
Thursday 12 July 6:45PM – 8:30PM
GET FREE SYDNEY TICKET: PICA’s Meet and Greet
Meet and Greet Melbourne
Thursday 19 July 6:00PM – 8:00PM
GET FREE MELBOURNE TICKET: PICA’s Meet and Greet
BACK TO TODAY’S SHOW… What’s behind the headlines??
- Why should you be concerned about changes to negative gearing?
- Is the Melbourne property market about to “collapse”?
- Which suburbs in Melbourne are looking to be “overcooked”?
- The East verse The West debate — which one is the investment-grade suburb?
- How can you be more socially responsible when you invest in property?
- What’s the property market outlook moving forward?
- What dictates property prices, and how can you hunt this out?
- Should you stay in a property that’s under-performing?
- What do WE look for in an investment-grade asset?
- What’s happening with the slowing of the market?
- Why is close to the CBD often a good idea?
- Should you feel uncertain about the property market?
- How do you find capital growth?
- What’s happening in the Inner West?
- What are the fundamentals you need to keep coming back to?