It’s about time we talk about selling a property! So today, we lift the standard with not only one, but two Property Stylists extraordinaire to share with us everything we need to know about styling for profit.
Want to add $50,000 – $300,000 to your property? Sara and Amy Chamberlain, owners of the successful styling company The Real Estate Stylist (TRES), are here to explain how it’s done.
Originally from Wagga Wagga, these sisters are making a serious return on investment for their clients, transforming an empty property into a buyer’s oasis in five weeks. Styling 300+ properties every year (1300 since TRES’s inception), these women are specialists in styling a space to make a killing at auction, focusing on buyer demographics, market specifics and a super-human level of detail. Sara and Amy have styled the properties of Rebecca Judd and previous TPC guests, Josh and Jenna from The Block and regularly feature on realestate.com.au as well.
Passionate about real estate, style and business, Sara and Amy chat with the boys about:
- How did they get into the world of property styling?
- What is a property stylist (and how is it different from an interior designer)?
- Why a professionally styled property make such a difference to its value?
- What happens behind the scenes in property styling? (Is it all glamour?)
- What’s the process of engaging a property stylist and things to consider.
- Styling 101 — what can you do yourself?
- What does owner-occupier appeal and styling have in common?
- What time frame should you be looking at if you want to get a property stylist in?
- Who should view the property first: a stylist or a real estate agent?
- Do they style for the market audience? How?
- What is the “Cuppa Tea Test”?
- Does property styling works better in an auction or private sale environment?
- What are the smells you never thought mattered?
- Should you get rid of those family photos?
- What should you do with great tenants before you get a stylist in?
- When will a stylist not make a difference?
- What happens post-purchase?
- What are the business (entrepreneurial) tips you need to know?
Click here for Tres’s Instagram (it’s pretty great!)
And here’s the case studies mentioned on the show: TRES’s Statistics