“You wanna be the janitor”
This is probably the first time we’ve ever had a guest over where money conversations were not only discussed at the dinner table but… it was a hot topic anytime of the day!
For very good reason too!
Marina, our special guest today had an awareness towards money and investment at a very early age.
In fact, when others were playing Monopoly, Marina was playing Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game (Quick tip: It seems… being a janitor in the cashflow game has the highest chance of winning it 😉)
She had a full grasp on the concept of debt – tolerable, horrible and productive – a long time before she discovered The Property Couch and she also started investing in property at the tender age of 19.
- Where did that drive come from?
- How did she develop a can-do attitude?
- What are some life lessons she learned along the way?
- And which of our fundamentals gave her a boost?
Folks… We seriously can’t describe how uplifting her story is and there is much to learn from this episode so let’s jump into it now!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- FREE eBook – Make Money Simple Again
- Free Book – The Armchair Guide to Property Investing
- FREE MyWealth Portal & Start Your Financial Transformation Today! (includes Money SMARTS, Money FIT + Money STRETCH) – Fill in the form at the bottom of this page or Free Sign Up Here
- Ted Talk with Meg Jay – Why 30 is not the new 20 – Watch here
Here’s what we cover…
- 1:24 – Meet Marina.
- 2:03 – Money was a hot topic?!!
- 3:11 – Unconventional Wisdom from negotiating for a Furby
- 5:05 – Where did the money awareness come from?
- 9:01 – How is it like when your mum is a superhero? 🦸♀️
- 10:45 – Having a transparent and honest money conversation within the household goes a long way folks! Here’s the proof of that…
- 12:45 – Introduction to Robert Kiyosaki’s Cashflow Game
- 13:22 – The embarrassing job interview 😱
- 14:05 – Why did she drop out of uni?
- 16:10 – Property research skills that have been passed down from her parents…
- 17:32 – THIS is how you win the Cashflow Game!
- 19:25 – When spreadsheet budgeting becomes _____________?
- 22:11 – The “Aha!” moment!
- 25:36 – A 250% increase in their surplus?!!
- 26:54 – What are all the changes that they’ve made for that to happen?
- 30:21 – Saving thousands of dollars by just signing a few papers?!
- 31:25 – What happened that she had to return HALF of the First Home Owner Grant?
- 34:01 – Why you shouldn’t bring your dad to an auction…. #ToughLove
- 37:35 – Buying the Family Home
- 39:55 – What are their next steps for here?
- 42:55 – Why it’s important to merge their money mindset…
- 46:06 – The bombshell moment…
- 49:27 – The importance of facing your demons and taking action
- 52:45 – What does she want to impart to our community?
Keen to Get Started with Money SMARTS?
Fill in the form below and create your account on our Money SMARTS Platform now!
Already have an account? Log in here.