Let’s face it…
Money is an emotional asset folks. Especially when you realise, you’ll never have “perfect” knowledge before investing…
But we think that shouldn’t stop people from investing!
In fact, we think it’s something that everyone should be okay with, especially if you’ve covered your bases! That’s why in today’s episode we’re uncovering:
- What these bases are…
- How to control your emotions around money…
- Why people fall into an analysis paralysis…
- And ultimately how you can create the optimal mindset for investing!
But that’s not all – of course – it’s Q&A DAY!! (Woohooo!)
We’re talking all things Buyers Agents: When and why you should stick with your current agent, the difference between specialist and regular Buyers Agents…
PLUS, we’re unpacking the upcoming generational wealth transfer that will flow from Baby Boomers…
And explaining key factors you should understand, or have in place, BEFORE deciding to upgrade houses.
These questions provide some great case studies, with one proving why buying properties from other family members may not actually be the best solution for everyone!
Questions are listed further below 👇. Enjoy!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Become a member of PICA (The Property Investors Council of Australia) and register for the upcoming webinar here!
- Read the Australian Securities & Investments Commission’s (ASIC) INFO 269 information sheet on social media influencers discussing financial products and services online.
- Do you have a question as well? Let us know on SpeakPipe here
Here’s the questions we answer…
Jay Sanderson on Low Stock for Properties
“I have only just started my investment property journey and have acquired one passively geared property which I’m about to develop further.
My current buyers advocate is trying to find additional properties for me to purchase and I have the funds approved but he is telling me that inventory is short at present.
What would be your advice here, look for properties myself or speak to additional buyers advocates?”
Leino on Buying Off-Market From Mum
“Hey guys, I just started listening to your podcast and have listened to the first 70 episodes in just over two weeks. I have also listened to a few of the latest ones and now have the ‘property bug’.
Our situation – currently we have a PPR in Townsville in a nice area, which has seen some growth and we have a good amount of equity at the time of writing this.
My wife and I have a good, combined income and a very good yearly surplus from which I want to start purchasing a few other properties.
I recently spoke to my mother who owns two properties out right in the sunshine coast (specifically Mooloolah Valley) where the median house prices have skyrocketed. Both houses are on very large blocks (one is a hectare the other is 1 1/2 acres).
My brother is currently renting one of them for fairly cheap and may stay for a few more years. Due to my mum’s financial circumstances, they did mention maybe selling the larger block as their super is dwindling away and they are just over the cap for a pension.
My question is: Would it be worth buying the property from them at possibly 200-300k under median value, with an interest only loan and servicing the debt until my brother moves out at which time, we could increase the rent to a larger amount and move towards positive gearing?
If we buy privately off them well below median, we will start off with a massive amount of equity, and though it does have great owner occupier appeal, it probably doesn’t tick off every investment property feature that everyone talks about.
I’m currently 40 years old and wish to retire around 60. Ideally, we would like to knock down the house and rebuild our forever home (on the block) down the track if we were to buy it.
I acknowledge you don’t have all the info required, but if you could provide some tips or things to consider, that would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry if something similar has been answered before.
[PS I have booked in to speak with your team, but it isn’t for a little while due to availability].
Andrew on Upgrading or Buying Another House
“Hi, we are a small family with 2 kids, and we own one property which has paid off all mortgage.
We just wonder should we sell this property to upgrade to premium house or keep the house and buy another house to live.
We make 130k after tax, so not sure we should focus on cash flow or captain gain property.”
Winslow Tam on Optimal Mindset
Hope you had a great weekend.
Here is my question…
Considering that investing can [be] taken quite seriously by some people, what is the optimum state of mind that individuals need to have when performing their best as an investor?
I’m referring to things such as motivation, mindset, emotional, etc.
I understand that investing is for the long term – somewhat like a marathon instead of a 100m sprint.
What are some of the things that investors should do to get their state of mind prepared for investing?
It would be great to hear your thoughts. Look forward to hearing from you.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 2:16 – Make sure you sign up for Ben and (previous podcast guest) Antonia Mercorella’s PICA Webinar on Queensland’s housing market!
- 4:25 – Folks, do THIS to have a great relationship
- 7:52 – Leave us a question here! (Did we mention you could win a FREE Start & Build course?!)
- 9:00 – Question 1: Low Stock for Properties
- 9:55 – When and why you should back your Buyers Agents
- 11:06 – Where should you buy when there is low property stock?
- 13:28 – You CAN ask your Buyers Agent these things…
- 18:23 – The difference between regular Buyers Agents and specialist Buyers Agents
- 21:33 – Question 2: Buying Off-Market From Mum
- 23:42 – Why we think there’s more opportunity for your mum….
- 27:26 – What’s best for Leino and his brother?
- 30:33 – Dealing with the generational wealth transfer
- 37:26 – Question 3: Upgrading or Buying Another House
- 37:53 – The reason you should know your priorities
- 40:07 – How to make the invisible visible
- 41:45 – Folks, it comes down to ____ cost or _____ cost
- 44:35 – We’ve found most people choose…
- 47:36 – Why having a finance strategy is important BEFORE you decide!
- 49:08 – Question 4: Optimal Mindset
- 49:52 – Please accept this fact folks…
- 50:55 – How to create the optimal investor mindset
- 52:42 – Why people fall into analysis paralysis…
- 56:12 – Be a farmer, not a hunter!!
- 57:47 – Practices to control your emotions around investing!
- 1:03:18 – What does genuine connection, not conversation, look like?
- 1:06:24 – Beware the social influencer spruiker!