We’re going off the cuff today, folks! Yep, there’s been no prep behind this podcast… BUT we guarantee it’s still going to be golden!
Why?? It all started (yesterday) when Ben created a little pop quiz for the staff at our company… and his question is:
What is the No.1 infrastructure needed to grow property prices?
Based on the banter that spread through our office, the answer might also surprise you!!
So, let’s drill it down to these two points:
- How are megacities built?
- What’s the connection between infrastructure and property prices?
Here’s the deal:
- What drives people to a location?
- What’s the Wild West got to do with it?
- How does infrastructure relate to immigration and population?
- If you don’t have THIS infrastructure, realistically, can you have a city?
- How does politics influence a property investor and shape a cities’ plan?
- How did Melbourne become known for its culture — fashion /arts?
- Why can’t a city run on “just one thing”?
- Are property prices going to keep growing?
- Why is Sydney the Financial City?
- How can you tell a difference between a planned city and an “accidental” city?
- Why do areas outside of Sydney do well?
- Is it all bad news for the property market?
- Why does Ben keep harping on about the East West Link?
- Why does the land get expensive in a location?
- What will Sydney have to do to take the stress of population?
- Why can’t you replicate a city in the suburbs?
- Does Hobart have a good outlook for property investing?
- What is a self-perpetuating city?
- Why do we need to pivot to niche manufacturing?
- With all this in mind, should you invest in regional centres?
Stick around for Ben’s Did You Know … you’ll find out the projected population growth for Australia’s cities (this might influence where you invest!)
Missed our Facebook Live yesterday?
We announced a Free Live Webinar — “The 7 Deadly Sins of Building a Property Portfolio: The hidden habits undermining your success (and how you can overcome them)”!
You can register for the Live Webinar here.
P.S. This episode’s a true glimpse of what an overheard convo between Bryce and Ben sounds like! Gold!!!!