Yep. You guessed it. This week’s topic is all about…
The 2022-23 Federal Budget!!
And today, we’re unpacking what’s in it, who the winners and losers are, and answering your burning questions about the Budget!
We’re looking at:
- What are the consequences of Government Backed Schemes?
- Will the proposed Homeowner Guarantees actually help housing affordability and availability?
(We’ve got two really great questions about this at the end of the podcast, so stick around till then!!)
PLUS, we’re unpacking interest rates and inflation! Ensuring generational wealth! Rising cost of living! Wage growth!!
If you can’t tell folks, this one’s PACKED to the brim with information and we’re very excited to be diving into it today.
Tune in right now for the gold!
P.S Thank you to all our listeners for these fantastic questions – it’s been fun picking our brains.
Got more questions? Send them to us through our Speak Pipe (Click the tab on the bottom right side of our website)
P.P.S Questions are listed further below👇 Enjoy!
Free Stuff Mentioned
- Read the 2022-23 Federal Budget here!
- Click here to see what suburbs are considered regional!
- See Bryce’s Live Text Lifehack in action here
- Read CoreLogic’s report on Coastal Erosion here
- Did you miss Ben and Antonia Mercorella’s PICA (Property Investors Council of Australia) Webinar? Become a member here, and don’t miss another one!
Here are the Questions We Answer…
Luke on Regional areas
“What areas are considered regional?”
Char Williams on the Expansion of the Home Guarantee Scheme for First Home Buyers
“Does the federal budget help property investors? Also, will the expansion of the home guarantee scheme for first home buyers just continue to increase house prices due to lack of stock?”
Dan Coletti on If Budget will help Cost of Living
“Hey Benji and Big Brice 🤭,
Would a question here trigger a start and build course voucher 🤷🏼♂️🙋🏼♂️🙏😉?
So here goes- will these budget commitments to “help” in the cost of living, drive a false economy and therefore enacting a potential for a premature interest rate rise and amount.”
shaunjb_ on RBA Interest Rates
“Could we expect the RBA to respond by increasing rates earlier than anticipated due to some of these announcements?”
Positive.jules on Consequences of Government Backed Schemes
“Thoughts on the potential consequences of these government backed schemes that could push first home buyers into a negative equity. A position I imagine at current times isn’t even seen as a risk to many getting into the market with low deposits and assumed continuous growth as seen in the hot market.
Love ya work boys and GO PIES! #piesflag2022 #believe”
Luke Keegan on Creating Generational Wealth
“What can i do now to ensure my young children (1 & 3) will be able to have a home in adulthood?”
Brendan Mutsaers on the Impacts of the 5% Government loan
“Will all the backing of government with 5% loan or less lead to poor quality borrowers and higher defaults? Thinking seeds of sub-prime loans.”
Danielle Shacklock in response to Brendan Mutsaers’ Question:
“I got a 5% loan as a single mum. Brought a new SUV, all new furniture, invest in shares for my kids invest in my super and have paid 10% of my home off in under 12 months. Onto the next. I put extra into my home loan and brought smart.
I am wanting a holiday home next. I don’t think all 5% loans are set for failure. If I default on my home with the rental crisis I risk homelessness as there’s no rentals available anywhere ever.
I’ve already been in 12
Months and have now kept my stamp duty waiver.
Just because people secure these loans doesn’t automatically mean they can’t manage money. The onus is back on the person lending not the lenders.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 3:00 – What Ben and Antonia Mercorella’s covered in their recent PICA Webinar…
- 5:57 – Are you avoiding taking real action?
- 7:52 – How Australia is faring after coming out of COVID-19…
- 13:40 – The Budget Headlines (Who are the winners and losers)
- 26:55 – The Winners in Property: The 3 homeowner guarantees and housing affordability
- 32:10 – Refreshing stock in the bush
- 35:00 – Insurance and fire and flood support
- 37:30 – A boost in the infrastructure and tourism industries
- 40:15 – The Losers in Property: Why our S___ should be paying for build to rent programs!
- 41:42 – Q1: What areas are considered regional?
- 42:59 – Q2: The Expansion of the Home Guarantee Scheme
- 45:54 – Q3: Will the Budget help Cost of Living?
- 49:50 – Q4: RBA and Interest Rates
- 52:30 – Q5: Consequences of Government Backed Schemes
- 54:21 – Q6: Creating Generational Wealth
- 56:25 – Q7: Impacts of the 5% Government loan
- 1:01:53 – We love the Live Text!
- 1:04:02 – Top #10 suburbs threatened by….C____ E____!