Folks, no doubt you’re aware there’s been a shift in the property market.
House prices have dropped. This weekend’s Auction Clearance Rates here in Melbourne were below 50%. So it’s obvious that Sydney and Melbourne have come off their peak.
And back in Episode 66 (over 2 years ago now), we warned you that Winter was Coming… Well, let’s just say “Winter is Here”.
So where’s the good news? And what is a Property Balloon?
Today we’re going to go “up in clouds” to see the 30,000ft view of the marketplace. We’re going to flashback to the last boom and show you what went down. We’re going to tell you how the correction’s playing out on the demand side and the supply side.
And we’re going to share with you The Big Switch.
So if you’re interested in the minor issues, the headwinds and the potential solution for the current property market… we’ve got over an hour of gold coming your way!
Folks, if think your cash flow story might need improving, don’t forget to take advantage of our free Money S.M.A.R.T.S Platform!
And, don’t forget our loyal listeners are able to Get 20% off our new book – Make Money Simple Again 🙂
Here’s what you’re in for…
- Firstly, how did we get to this last boom?
- What is the consequence of having historically low interest rates?
- Why do you need to be aware of “borrowing comfort” versus “borrowing capacity”?
- Why does the RBA drop monetary policy in the first place?
- What are the 3 mandates of the RBA in order to set the cash rate?
- What role did interest-only lending play in all this?
- What did we do to curb the high demand?
- What is APRA’s affect and role in the economy?
- What is happening in the SMSF space?
- What’s the difference between a liquid asset and property?
- What did Alan Oster, NAB Group Chief Economist, tell us back in Episode 169?
- Which scenarios do banks stress-test their books for?
- Who are most vulnerable in this market?
- Why should you be frightened of an Off The Plan property?
- What are the potential changes that might be happening?
- Is it all bad news for the Australian property market?
- Are there any prevention strategies in all this?
- 58:28 – THE Key Takeaways!