Breaking news just in on the property & economic front, folks!
There’s clearly quite a bit going on with the health crisis, soaring property market and… just announced this week… an indication that a tightening of lending might be coming sooner than we think!
Despite price growth in the current market being led primarily by owner-occupiers, the risks around rising household debt may mean that APRA and the financial regulators will step in to prevent the build-up of future risks to the broader economy…
The question is: If they’re going to pull the handbrake, What Would This Look Like and WHEN Would It Happen?
Now, if you’ve heard Nerida’s data-driven insights and wisdom on the show before, you might’ve noticed she’s had a little change in title from Chief Economist at the REA Group… And if you haven’t heard from her before (you’re in for a real treat!) or simply need a refresher: Nerida is a highly regarded economist, with a specific expertise in residential and commercial property. She is currently the MOST quoted property commentator in Australia, the third most quoted economist and a sought-after public speaker, writer and columnist with more than 20 years of property research experience throughout Asia Specific.
So, if you want a PRECISE update on property and economic news here in Australia (and where it’s looking to go from here), then please listen now to get the gold & stay informed.
Free Stuff Mentioned
- PICA webinar with Jane Slack-Smith – “Tips From A Reno Expert”
- CoreLogic Pain and Gain Report
- RBA Submission to the Inquiry into Housing Affordability & Supply in Australia
- Episode 206 | Nerida Conisbee – What’s Happening Around the Grounds in the Australian Property Market?
- Episode 127 | What’s Happening In The Property Market? – Chat with Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group
- Episode 094 | Which Market to Invest in for 2017? – Chat with Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist for the REA Group
- Episode 298 | Property In A State of Disaster – Chat with Leah Calnan, President of REIV and Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group
Here’s What We Cover…
- 00:40 – Block your ears non-AFL fans 😉
- 03:28 – Try this word instead.
- 05:24 – Meet Nerida…
- 06:04 – The change & data leak
- 07:36 – Never Before Revealed: Nerida’s Money Backstory!!
- 10:46 – Does she carry this through with her own family?
- 13:24 – Nerida’s property story
- 14:33 – The current economy – What’s going on?!
- 16:27 – What will likely unfold in the December quarter?
- 16:57 – What picks up when we come out of lockdown?
- 17:12 – The Big Challenge: Iron Ore Prices
- 17:49 – Where will this show up most in the Aus economy?
- 18:48 – What might happen if we see higher hospital rates?
- 21:25 – Australia’s Economy – What might happen?
- 22:38 – The Lack of Migration: How Problematic Is It?
- 23:39 – The Hot Topic: INFLATION
- 26:00 – Too Much Risk!?!
- 26:18 – A Trillion Dollars In Debt: Australia’s Debt Hole
- 26:47 – How are we going to pay that debt back?
- 28:15 – Property Update!
- 29:45 – Breaking News: Josh Frydenberg’s Announcement!
- 30:08 – Household Debt — Where is it currently at?
- 31:25 – What does Nerida see happening with the regulations?
- 35:54 – How do you stop people taking on too much debt?
- 38:30 – What’s happening with First Home Buyers?
- 41:46 – What you need to know about immigration
- 45:04 – The Luxury Market: How is it performing?
- 46:34 – Listing Volumes – What’s happening now?
- 49:00 – The Future of Commercial Property in CBDs
- 52:14 – Unemployment Numbers: The Risk Factors
- 55:21 – How to NOT save $250! (interesting way to look at things…)
- 56:28 – Pain & Gain: New Data From CoreLogic