Well, well, well…. Have we hit the bottom of the market folks???
In the shadows of the election — aka the Coalition’s surprise victory — it appears that confidence has returned to the property market!
And now the crystal ball question — “When’s the bottom of the property market happening?”may not be as cryptic (or as distant from us!!) as we first thought!
So. What do we mean by this?
Well, let’s put it another way… We jumped on a plane last week especially to bring you back the insights from today’s guest!!! And you just might recognise him —Louis Christopher the Director of SQM Research and one of Australia’s most respected and impartial Research Property Analysts. He has extensive knowledge and experience of property and is regular quoted in the media on his insights!
And he’s NOT afraid to tell it like it is.
So… what’s his latest data suggesting?
Before you meet the man behind the media and get to hear his forecasts, we just want to remind you that, yes, even though PICA likely had a bit of an impact on the election results, our work on behalf of all Australian property investors is by no means done.
And as Ben talks about in today’s show —- there’s obvious MUCH more PICA’s aiming to achieve, so if you’d like to become a member for as little as $5, please Become a Member Today.
Is something stopping you from joining PICA? Let Ben know here.
Here’s what we discuss in today’s episode:
- What happened with Louis’s grandma that made him interested in property?
- What’d he do to make his tenants pay rent on time? (Warning: not for everyone!)
- What used to happen in the data space?
- Why was there controversy starting SQM?
- What data was he desperate to get his hands on? How’d they get it?
- What does SQM stand for?
- What else do they measure aside from property data?
- How do they pick the turning point of the market place?
- How often do they “get it right”?
- Are the observations coming out from the election revealing a trend?
- What does he see happening in the next 2 – 4 years?
- And what had he modelled if Liberal was re-elected?
- How has the uncertainty of the market been lifted?
- How will APRA’s recent changes affect the property market?
- Will the RBA cut their rate by MORE than 25 basis points next month?
- What are the issues with Auction Clearance Rates?
- Can they forecast for Capital Growth?
- What do they use at a locality level vs the macro level?
- How does he measure fair market value?
- Is it a good idea to have a market that’s totally dependent on housing?
- Is the Australian economy looking up?
- Why’s it hard to create inflation if there is so much debt?
- What happened to rents and construction levels in 1985?
- What makes for a good economy?
- The First Home Buyers Deposit Scheme: Will it have a material or immaterial impact on the property market?
- What do we think of the NRAS scheme?
- Is it time to invest in Perth??
- Does a rental market predict that capital growth will likely happen?
AND THE BIGGIE…
- When’s the bottom of the market likely going to happen?