Folks, we’re LIVE from the Melbourne Property Buyer Expo this episode!
AND we’re with very special guest, Greville Pabst, licensed property valuer, and Executive Chairman of WBP Group (One of the biggest property valuation companies in Australia) — and yep, he was also a guest judge on The Block!)
Not only that, Greville’s also purchased and valued thousands of properties on behalf of his clients, at auction or by private treaty, and (the best bit!)… his team inspects 800 properties per day … so he knows EXACTLY how much you should pay for your property!
AND guess what? He dishes out the nuggets for you today! So much so, this episode just flew and we ran out of time to ask Greville everything we wanted to ask… (We’ll get him back on though. Too much gold there not to share! So if you’ve got anything you want us to ask him, let us know here.)
So… what do you need to know about how to value your property?
- What are the different types of valuations you can get?
- What does a property valuers look at to work out the value of a property?
- How can a Buyer’s Agent help?
- What things do you need to look out for that might de-valuing your property?
- What do the banks look for from a property valuation and risk ratings?
- How do you work out the value of YOUR property (or a property you want to buy)?
- How does asset selection affect your properties value?
- What’s the property valuation process to work out the land value?
- What happens if it’s difficult to figure out how much a property’s worth?
- How do you work out the value of a commercial property?
- How far back do the property valuer’s base their valuations on?
- Which units and one bedroom apartments are investment grade?
- What did Greville and his team’s survey (testing 800 properties) reveal about the value of Off the Plan properties? (Scary stuff, folks!)
- Why do you need to be REALLY careful of Off the Plan properties?
- When will bank NOT lend on property?
- Why do property values sometimes differ, based on the property valuer use?
- What property attributes add MORE value?
- What percentage difference must NOT go over (by law)?
- What do you need to consider when making an offer?