Right off the bat folks, a big THANK YOU to our listeners for all the questions they’ve sent in!
We’re excited to be answering a BUNCH of great questions in our FIRST EVER Q&A session!
We’ll be walking you through the crucial conversations you should be having before making ANY decisions…
And sharing the type of research and data you should be conducting to know the best option for you! 📈
We’re also sharing our thoughts on the Government’s policies on negative and positive gearing (and explaining why removing negative gearing is a terrible idea!)
Once again thank you to all our question submitters, we’re glad that this podcast has inspired you and we had tons of fun recording this one!
Listen in now folks, plenty of gold to help you make the right decisions.
P.s. In the future we are hoping to answer ALL of your questions, so please keep sending them in!
Dan and Ryan:
“Should we buy an investment property in a high growth location and keep renting, or move a bit further out and get something we can afford?”
“Do you think the tax rules around negative gearing will change in the future, so as not to benefit those investing in multiple properties and how do you diversify your portfolio?”
“How do you identify high disposable income suburbs and if you’re buying in a block of units, how do you work out if there are more owner-occupiers than renters in the building and area? Also, what do you think about dual living homes ie: granny flats?”
Free Stuff Mentioned:
- Just starting your property investing journey? Check out our FREE Binge Guide to the Foundations of Property, Finance and Money Management, which shows you which episodes you need to understand the basics! Or fill in the form below and we’ll email it to you right away!
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
- 0:37 – Dan and Ryan’s Question
- 2:15 – What you need to analyse first!
- 4:00 – Why you SHOULD consider renting in a lifestyle location
- 5:25 – The conversation you need to have…
- 6:21 – Leah’s Question
- 7:07 – The fundamentals of gearing
- 8:35 – What we predict for the future of negative gearing policy…
- 9:10 – How the Government gets its revenue
- 9:42 – Our questions to the Government on positive gearing tax
- 10:35 – Why removing negative gearing doesn’t work!
- 12:50 – How do you diversify your portfolio?
- 15:03 – Mark’s Question
- 15:45 – Where and how you can find the income story!
- 17:00 – Why you should focus on small blocks
- 18:29 – ALL the data we use
- 20:00 – When is it best to have a granny flat?
- 21:23 – Some gold from Bryce!