It’s podcast day, yay! Today we have a special guest on indeed — Pete Wargent!
Aside from achieving financial freedom at AGE 33 (yep) through property investing primarily in London and Sydney, Pete is now one of Australia’s leading experts on market trends, co-founder of AllenWargent property buyers, a 4-time published author, a Buyers Agent and a blogger —http://petewargent.blogspot.com.au/
Originally from the UK and now living in Brisbane, Pete has a worldly insight into investing, finance, shares and is our first guest who achieved a passive income with an international property portfolio. So how many properties did it take Pete to retire?
Pete and the boys discuss:
- How he retired as a multimillionaire in his early 30s (Pete works for fun now)
- What he did after he said goodbye to his fulltime job as a Chartered Accountant
- When and why he started investing
- Why he has never sold a property (Does investing for the long term actually matter?)
- Investing in London and the considerations involved
- The problems with drawing comparisons with world cities (i.e. Melbourne Vs London)
- Pete’s Property Investment Mistakes
- The consequence of Brexit on property investors
- His thoughts on franking credits
- Does he recommend Australians buy in London?
- The hard lessons of growing up in a recession
- What is the equity target to achieve a passive income?
- The important variables to identify a trend to find investment grade markets
- Investing in Sydney vs investing in Brisbane (he has now invested in Brisbane)
- The importance of taking action
- What NOT to do if you’re investing in the stock market
- His investment decision on off the plan/high density apartments
Pete’s own books and seminar mentioned:
- Get a Financial Grip and The Wealth Way (out in October).
- Money for Life : Saturday October 7 , 9am – 5.30pm (Sydney) – And a special 2-for-1 deal just for our podcast listeners: Click here to book your tickets!
Interested to join us on Facebook LIVE next Wednesday, 4th of October at 7:30pm? Register your interest here!