There are so many things to be excited about in this week’s episode!!!
First of all, PICA IS FINALLY UP! Remember a few weeks back (Sydney expo) when Ben gave you a sneak peek at setting up a not-for-profit association for property investors by property investors? Well, it’s official now … and it’s time to unite and make our voices heard. It’s time we take action to ensure our property investments are protected, now and into the future. So make sure you check it out! www.pica.asn.au
(Membership is only $5 a year or $20 for 5 years! Find out more about PICA’s Membership here.)
Following on from this … the most drastic change impacting property investors significantly is the recent depreciation changes. On this year’s Budget Night, 7:30 pm AEST on the 9th of May 2017, the Government proposed quite some changes to the tax depreciation schedule. We’ve talked about these changes before with Bradley Beer, CEO of BMT Tax Depreciation back in Episode 117.
Since then, the Government has finalised on some of these changes and has decided that some of the proposed changes will not go ahead after all. But what are the finalised depreciation changes? That’s why we’ve invited Brad back into the studio today for a quick update!
And finally… Bitcoin.
It’s the No.1 trending search word at the moment.
So, are we for or against it???
So, what are you in for?
- What depreciation changes did the Government finally decide on?
- Who will be affected and who WILL NOT be affected?
- What happens if you purchase an existing property after the 9th of May?
- Will you be able to claim tax depreciation now, and is it still worth get a tax depreciation schedule done?
- Are commercial properties affected by this change?
- How can your accountant help with your claim?
- What’s the definition of “Substantial renovation” in this new ruling?
- Will Capital Gains Tax be affected?
and of course, on Bitcoin…
- What is Bitcoin to start with, and why is it so trendy now?
- Are there other cryptocurrencies out there?
- Can they be used as a valid currency?
- Will this last?
Don’t forget the Free Resources mentioned:
- Brad’s previous appearance on the Couch — Episode 117
- Ben’s Did You Know Tips can be found here.
- Access to PICA (Property Investors Council of Australia) — Subscribe here
- BMT Tax Depreciation Application Form – Fill in the form below to download or click here
P.S. Ben’s Webinar Impact of Interest Only Lending is out! Make sure you check out your Throwback Thursday newsletter. Haven’t subscribed to our newsletter yet? Download the Money SMARTS and you’ll get it 🙂