Alright folks: what does the drummer from The Screaming Jets and property investment have in common?
Craig “Rosie” Rosevear!
That’s right—on The Couch today, the man behind the drums of one of Australia’ legendary bands explains how he used his royalties to break into the property market and transformed his touring days into a growing property portfolio and now, a charismatic, auctioning career! Yep. Aside from being the Founder of Rock Your Future and the owner of Rosie’s School of Rock—where he and his wife, Belinda, motivate and educate young people to be confident in both music and life—Craig is also an auctioneer at Cooley Auctions, winner of the Newcastle Heat of the Real Estate Institute of NSW Auctioneering Competition and a property investor with a knack for DIY renovating!
No stranger to hard work, Craig explains:
- Firstly, what life is really like as a rock star!
- How invaluable a good work ethic is, and how he managed to maintain it, despite fame and, well, being a rock star
- Why he used his royalties to buy his first investment property
- What he discovered about investing with equity that changed his way of thinking
- How he became a borderless investor in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney
- Ways to get around Sydney’s Housing Affordability
- First Home Buyer mistakes and DIY renovation tips
- How he got into auctioneering (it has something to do with Episode 121 with Damien Cooley)
- The similarities between being a rock star & an auctioneer (“Rocktioneer”)
- Investing in Newcastle, NSW
- Things buyers should do at an auction
- Business acumen tips from rock band KISS (!)
And (we had to ask), what is Craig’s “go to” rock star story? The unexpected, sneak peek into what Muso life was like …
He tells us right at the end—of course he did.
What an absolute pleasure!