We’ve got Bradley Beer, CEO of BMT Tax Depreciation on the podcast today! Now, some of you might remember Bradley back in Episode 10 where we talked about what is a tax depreciation schedule, how it works and if all property investors should have one done.
For today’s episode, however, we will be relating back to Episode 115 where we chat about the impact of the recently released Federal Budget had on property investors, focusing specifically on the depreciation changes. So here are the topics that they touched on today:
- Exactly what part of the depreciation deductions are affected by the proposed changes?
- Are capital works deductions still available to be claimed at 2.5% for 40 years?
- What is the significance of 7:30 pm AEST on the 9th of May 2017?
- Will they be looking at the contract date or settlement date?
- Do the proposed changes affects tax depreciation schedule that was previously submitted?
- How will this impact investor’s cash flows and is there a difference between new vs old property?
- What is the logic behind the changes on investor’s travel expenses?
- Here’s our video and article on realestate.com.au – Click here to watch How to use Flour Jar Method of Saving for a House
- BMT Tax Depreciation Application Form – Fill in the form below to download or click here
If you like this podcast: “Everything You Need To Know About Depreciation Changes – Chat with Bradley Beer, Managing Director of BMT Tax Depreciation”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://tpcaustralia.wpengine.com/topics/