If you were at the Sydney Property Buyer Expo last weekend, you probably listened to this episode already but for those of you who weren’t there, Bryce Holdaway and Ben Kingsley recorded a LIVE Podcast with Dr Andrew Wilson on the Future of the Australian Property Market! Dr Andrew Wilson is the Chief Economist for the Domain Group and is an appointed housing market expert and adviser to the Federal Government funded, Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network. He holds a PhD and Masters by Research in Housing Market Economics and has previously held senior property and construction research positions within industry, academia and government.
So for today’s episode, the three of them will be talking about:
- Why is he so optimistic about the Australian Property Market?
- With Sydney and Melbourne experiencing double-digit growth in recent years, are there any trend or changes to investing in residential property?
- How long with Sydney and Melbourne’s property market continue to grow at the current rate?
- What is the level of investors’ activity in Melbourne and Sydney and how will this affect these cities in the future?
- Is there a housing under-supply issue in the Sydney metropolitan area?
- What is the outlook on other states such as Perth, Brisbane and Darwin?
- Will there be a different type of property market cycle in the future and where are we heading to?
- How will the demographic in metropolitan areas changes and the ratio between tenants and owner occupiers
As mentioned in the podcast, if you would like a copy of Dr Andrew Wilson’s slides (Australian housing markets report; Sydney back to the boom – The rise and rise of investor), just fill in the form below and we’ll send it directly to your email:
If you like this podcast: “What’s the Future of the Australian Property Market? – Chat with Dr Andrew Wilson”, don’t forget to rate us on our iTunes channel (The Property Couch Podcast) and our Facebook page. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to drop us your thoughts here: http://tpcaustralia.wpengine.com/topics/